Varicose veins are a common problem, especially in women. However varicose veins are especially on the legs, any vein in the body if gets twisted, stretched out or looses elasticity, enlarged or swollen, could be labeled as varicose. The valve of veins allows the blood to move upwards toward the heart, but when the leaflets of veins valve lose their elasticity, their capacity of pushing blood upwards is affected. In result the blood begins to be collected in the veins rather than continuing toward to heart, as a result veins became twisted and more visible, as zigzag vascular tubes.
- Standing long hours occupational
- Genetic predisposition
- Deep vein thrombosis, that affects the valves of veins
- Gain weight due to obesity or in pregnancy might trigger varicose veins
Varicose veins may not cause any pain, but if the veins appear twisted and bulging like cords, dark purple or blue in color, this could be signs you may have varicose veins.
- Visible veins of affected parts on the legs
- Painfulness and/or heaviness of legs
- Swelling and/or achiness over or around the enlarged veins
- Telangiectasia in the affected leg (spider veins)
- Swelling and discoloration of legs
The following changes of lifestyle may help prevent varicose veins from forming or becoming worse:
- Avoid standing for extended periods of time.
- Lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.
- Exercise to improve your circulation.
- Use compression socks or stockings.
If the problem is approached from the beginning some lifestyle correction and homeopathic treatment might control not to getting worst.
In mild to moderate varicose veins, Homeopathy works very well reducing pain, reduces swelling and improving bloody circulation. With a homeopathic treatment you might prevent complication of varicose veins already existed and to prevent further varicosity. Homeopathy also helps significantly in the cases which have varicose ulcers, because homeopathic remedy acts on the root of problem the ulcer is addressed, and the risk of a venous leg ulcer recurring after treatment is diminished. Homeopathic treatment is strongly recommended for all cases of varicose veins except for those which are truly surgical in nature. If the surgery is indicated, you might still ask your homeopath for a homeopathic treatment for a better recovery after surgery and also for prevention further varicosity.
If varicosity is very severer the surgery or minimally invasive treatment are indicated. Minimally invasive treatments are:
– sclerotherapy, using a liquid or foam chemical injection to block off a larger vein
– microsclerotherapy, using a liquid chemical injection to block off smaller vein
– laser surgery, using light energy to block off a vein
– endovenous ablation therapy, using heat and radiofrequency waves to block off a vein
– endoscopic vein surgery, using a small lighted scope inserted through a small incision to block off a vein
Take care of your legs; they are the ones that carry you through life!
Discover the hidden healing power of small granules, I’m only one click away!Book Now Your Online Appointment